- Helps people with disrupted circadian rhythms, such as people who work night shifts and people who have jet lag
- Supplementation also helps individuals who have chronically low melatonin levels sleep better, for example people with schizophrenia, who have poor sleep quality
- Helps to relieve stress by controlling the level of stimulation experienced by the body
- Helps to ease anxiety symptoms like daytime fatigue, drowsiness, insomnia and restlessness
- Helps promote a calm mood and supports brain function
- The product contains the hormone Melatonin (N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine) which is secreted by the pineal gland in the brain. The pineal gland is located just above the middle brain and is only the size of a pea. Its synthesis and release are stimulated by darkness and suppressed by light.
- Melatonin in the product acts as an endocrine output signal of the clock and provides circadian information as an endogenous synchronizer which stabilizes and reinforces circadian rhythms.
- Melatonin in the product helps play an important role in mechanisms of consciousness, memory and stress.
- Melatonin in the product can be used as an over-the-counter aid to assist with hastening sleep onset and treating symptoms of jet lag.
- Melatonin in the product is also well known for its regulation of the circadian rhythm.
- L-Theanine in the product promotes relaxation and facilitates sleep by contributing to a number of changes in the brain including boosting levels of GABA (Gamma-amino Butyric Acid), lowering levels of excitatory brain chemicals and enhancing alpha brain waves.
- L-Theanine in the product helps establish balance in the neurotransmitter system, resulting in improvements in the mental/emotional and physical disturbances resulting from being overly stressed
Ingredients: Acidifier: Citric Acid, Effervescent agent: Sodium Bicarbonate, L-Theanine, Flavouring: Strawberry and Lemon, Colouring: Beet Red, Sweetener: Sucralose, Stabiliser: Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), Melatonin.
Dosage: one effervescent tablet dissolved in a glass of water per day.
Notes and warnings: The product is not intended as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and should be used as part of a healthy lifestyle. The beneficial effect on Jet-Lag is obtained by taking, shortly before going to bed, a minimum of 0.5 mg on the first day of travel and for several days after arrival at destination. The beneficial effect on falling asleep time is obtained by taking 1 mg melatonin shortly before bedtime. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children under three years of age.
|Ingredients||Per daily dose of 1 tablet|